Name of the book: White Cat (by Holly Black)
Genre: supernatural, YA
Book publish year: 2010
I think this book should be more popular than it is. I didn't like any other books by Holly Black, but this one is one of my favourite books ever
What I really liked about White Cat:
- it's written from a male POV (Cassel's)
- Cassel's clever, but he miscalculates very often
- he comes from a "gifted" family, but he himself doesn't have a "gift" and is a bit jealous of his brothers
- there's a tiny bit of romance
- there's a bit of private high school setting
- Cassel's love interest likes to bully him
- the theme! mafia and crime families!
- the world! every single person is wearing gloves!
- the plot twist in the middle of the book! I haven't seen that coming!
- the finale is just AMAZING!
What I didn't like about White Cat:
- it's hard to get into this book; the beginning is seriously confusing (albeit very interesting - Cassel wakes up half-naked on edge of a roof)
- it's too detailed at times; the details make it hard to follow the main plot
I recommend this books to everyone