• March 28, 2024, 12:51 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Appraisal & Resignation  (Read 3724 times)

Offline mayur47

Appraisal & Resignation
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:15 AM »
A newly joined trainee engineer asks his boss "what is the meaning of appraisal?"

Boss: "Do you know the meaning of resignation?"

Trainee: "Yes I do"

Boss: "So let me make you understand what an appraisal is by comparing it with resignation"
Comparison study: Appraisal and Resignation

Quote:
In appraisal meeting they will speak only about your weakness, errors and failures. In resignation meeting they will speak only about your strengths, past achievements and success. 

Quote:
In appraisal you may need to cry and beg for even 10% hike. In resignation you can easily demand (or get even without asking) more than 50-60% hike. 

Quote:
During appraisal, they will deny promotion saying you didn't meet the expectation, you don't have leadership qualities, and you had several drawbacks in our objective/goal. During resignation, they will say you are the core member of team; you are the vision of the company how can you go, you have to take the project in shoulder and lead your juniors to success. 

Quote:
There is 90% chance for not getting any significant incentives after appraisal. There is 90% chance of getting immediate hike after you put the resignation. 

Trainee: "Yes boss enough, now I understood my future. For an appraisal I will have to resign ... !!!"
Best Regards
Mayur47
Enjoy!!!

Advertisement

Tags: