• March 28, 2024, 04:25 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Books Where Hero Believes Heroine Betrayed Him (cheating, secrets, etc)  (Read 28178 times)

Offline bookaholic1

I like books where the Hero thinks the heroine betrayed him in some kind of way. Basically a big misunderstanding if you want to call it that. Any recommendations? I prefer contemporary. 

The following users thanked this post: Bliss

Advertisement

Offline VelvetToes

Re: Books Where Hero Believes Heroine Betrayed Him (cheating, secrets, etc)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Innocent Wife, Baby Of Shame by Melanie Milburne

For Patrizio Trelini, everything points to Keira Worthington's infidelity. The ruthless Italian throws his temptress wife out--he won't listen to her lies But, two months later, necessity brings Keira back into Patrizio's life, and into his bed, although his heart remains cold.

With her marriage revived, Keira has one last chance to prove her innocence. But she's just discovered she's pregnant Will Patrizio accept the truth--that Keira's having his child? :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:54 PM by drypen »
I finally get a bouquet and it's a goodbye present. That's depressing. 

Offline maggiewashington

Lots of drama/misunderstandings in romance novels
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47 PM »
I would recommend books in the Harlequin Presents Series, found at:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(Lots of drama)  :o :laugh:

and
the Harlequin Desire Series, found at:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

seeingshadows

Double Standards by Judith McNaught - the hero thought the heroine leaked some info so that her stepfather can beat the hero at a business bidding

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst - the hero thought the heroine got pregnant on purpose

The following users thanked this post: Riva

Offline Britt Clarice

If you like historical romance, you could also try "The Edge of Desire" by Stephanie Laurens. The hero and heroine were a really great couple.  ;)
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." :)
Please don't forget to hit the thank you button!   :D

The following users thanked this post: amoura1966

Offline 2muchrubbish

You could read almost all of Judith McNaught's historicals and they all have this theme.  One of my favorites from JM is Something Wonderful.  I really liked the h in this story and wanted to junk punch the H at times (many times) for being such a douche bag to her.  He goes through various phases of not trusting her, but that last one... oh crap, when the h realizes what the H believed of her, you totally feel it rip your heart into shreds as it did hers.  :'(

For contemporary, one of my other favorites from JM is Paradise.  This one has misunderstandings on both the H and h's part.

Another great one is The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders.  Great story where the H believed the h was in on the plan with her father to blackmail him into marriage.  He finds out and when you find out how he treated her..... argh!  Still loved it though  ;)

Hope you enjoy these stories as much as I did

Edited to add:  Just remembered another one I really liked called Wanted by Her Lost Love by Maya Banks.  The H believes his fiancee, the h, and his brother were cheating on him and kicks her out.  I LOVED this one because the h says all the stuff you wanted all the other heroines to say (e.g. why didn't you trust me? i never lied to you, etc. stuff like that).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:19 AM by 2muchrubbish »
I would rather cuddle then have sex.  If you're good with grammar, you'll get it.

The following users thanked this post: Techdivakt, Riva

shanna90

Any Harlequin Presents  :D and they are so predictable.

I love them tho

Tags: