• April 16, 2024, 05:01 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Laurell K Hamilton, Anita Blake Series  (Read 3909 times)

Offline jamilamcqueen

Laurell K Hamilton, Anita Blake Series
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Name of the book: Anita Blake series
Genre: Paranormal
Book publish year : 1993-2012
Rating (out of 5): 3/5
Your review: Loved this series especially Obsidian Butterfly! Love Anita's persona - tough chick, can kick butts, competent consultant and zombie raiser, great sense of humor and she's vulnerable. However, I find that the tone of the series started changing from "Flirt" to "Kiss the Dead". The stories are too descriptive, too little action and too many menages/sexual relations! Sorry Laurell but I think you're losing your touch...I have not been satisfied with these stories! Always hoping that the coming books will be better. Still looking forward to "Affliction".

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:05 PM by jamilamcqueen »
JMQ

The following users thanked this post: blankey

Advertisement

Globalt38

Re: Laurell K Hamilton, Anita Blake Series
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:43 PM »
I agree!  I actually don't read the Anita Blake series but I have/do read her Merideth Gentry series.  I really enjoy her descriptions of the Fae and their world and, while I certainly don't mind some sex in the books, it seems that her books are about 80% sex to 20% other story aspects/lines.   Would be better if it wasn't quite so large a ratio - more like at least 60/40 or better!?

Offline ProxyBlue

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53 PM »
I have not read this series yet and I'm still debating if I'm going to or not. I read some great reviews about the first books then everyone started talking about all of Anita's "Boyfriends" and the menages and such. I don't mind sex in a book, in fact I read a lot of romance novels, so I'm no stranger to sex scenes. However, I absolutely hate books where the heroine I've been so invested in becomes a total slut. I don't like hos in rl so why would I want to read about them. Does anybody think this series is redeemable? Is it worth it to read?

The following users thanked this post: JeanMaria

Offline twiggalina

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 04:18 AM »
I was a hugh fan of Anita Blake and first starting reading the books when Obsidian Butterfly came out.I read that one first and then went back to the beginning of the series as I was very interested to know more about Jean-Claude.
I loved them all!
The problem was after Odsidian Butterfly.The books turned into something completely different  :(
Danse Macabre was the last one that I tried to read and I haven't even bothered to check how many more have been released since.

The following users thanked this post: JeanMaria, mifo_cat

Offline spazzy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 12:41 AM »
I do have to say that with reading affliction she has taken everyones consideration in mind. I'm almost half way through and there has yet to be one sex scene. It's all about action and caring. It's one of her better books recently. I actually enjoy this book without all the sex scenes, i'd say it's worth a read.

The following users thanked this post: ninjumper, womble

Tags: