• April 23, 2024, 03:56 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Hullo! :-)  (Read 1646 times)

Offline SpankoBookLover

Hullo! :-)
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Hi Guys!! I am 28, live near Washington, DC. I have been reading since I was 5, and thankfully married a man who LOVES to read, even more than I do sometimes. :-D

My favorite genres have always been Christian modern drama, some historical fiction, and some fantasy. I am definitely widening my horizons these days though! :)

My favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Karen Kingsbury, Tamora Pierce, and many others.

My favorite book of all time is Bamboo & Lace :)
Kinky Frackery is my middle name! ;-)

Advertisement

Offline SpankoBookLover

Re: Hullo! :-)
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 08:08 AM »
NOTE: Neither of us would love BDSM so much if we were not currently living a lot of it.  :o ;D :-x :x ;) ;-)

Offline Lexie

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Your husband is cool! :P I would love for my bf to read too but well, I could relate to him by playing games. :D

Offline SpankoBookLover

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 08:15 AM »
It is a gift and a curse to have a man who loves to read so much. MOSTLY a gift.  :P

Offline Lexie

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 08:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It is a gift and a curse to have a man who loves to read so much. MOSTLY a gift.  :P

LOL! Why would it be a curse? :P

Offline SpankoBookLover

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25 AM »
Because somedays I can barely get him to talk to me because his reading so much. He stays up 'til 4am reading even if he has to get up at 7am. And he wants to talk about books he has read and I don't read QUITE as fast as he does so there is often a 2 or 3 day lapse.

Now on the plus side when I read a book he is usually caught up quickly. :) I love to share experience with him. and it gives me hope that when we adopt or if we ever get pregnant our kids will love to read because we do. :D

Offline Lexie

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 08:26 AM »
LOL! That's the down side. You wished you read as fast as he can. ;)

Offline SpankoBookLover

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 08:28 AM »
and retain!!! I read a book and a week later I can't tell you half of what happened. He remembers everything!! AND YET... he can read a series and LITERALLY read it again the next week...that is VERY rare for me. Movies too. He can watch a movie and remember it all and yet still watch it again with me that night...and he isnt bored!

Although we both read during movies and tv when we are really into a book sooo... ;-)

Offline Lexie

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31 AM »
:o whoa. I couldn't retain all the books I have read down to it's tiny details. I sometimes forgot who's who. >_<

Offline SpankoBookLover

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 08:32 AM »
me too... on books i read YESTERDAY! ;-) As soon as I start a new book ESPECIALLY if it is the same genre I forget who did what. :)

Offline Lexie

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 08:34 AM »
LOL! I envy those who could retain details. Though if I really like a book, I could remember it clearly. But still, if you asked me what she's wearing or something, I wouldn't remember. :D

Offline SpankoBookLover

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 08:35 AM »
ok, he doesnt remember EVERY detail  :P

And I am better at seeing the whole scene in my head... we often disagree on what a particular room or event looks like :D

Tags: