• April 18, 2024, 04:54 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 909 times)

Offline pookthepooh

Hello All
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Melissa and I'm mom to little boy named Riley who just turned 7. I work full time as a payroll technician in a call center and also am going to school because it's definitely not my dream job. It just pays the bills and I like the people I work with. I love to read in my spare time. My favorite authors right this second are J.R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan and Maya Banks. I found you website when looking for Julie Ann Walker's book Hell on Wheels. I love to meet new people and am glad I stumbled on this site.

Thanks,
Melissa

Advertisement

Offline Dusty Simon

Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Hi and welcome to PTS!

I also have a 7 year old boy and he's just starting 2nd grade.

I enjoy all of those authors as well. Recommendations from PTS have really helped expand my reading choices. I'm not too adventurous when it comes to trying a new author but Goodreads and PTS have suggestions and reviews all over!

Offline Frenchy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Welcome to PTS!!

Offline GG drypen!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:39 PM »

Offline Lexie

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Welcome to PTS!!! :)

Offline pookthepooh

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Thanks Everybody :)

Dusty,
My son is in 2nd grade too. I like to stick to the same authors too and read a whole series. I like to fall in love with the characters and hear about them as their lives progress. I fell into the Maya Banks because of reviews on Amazon and that's how I find most of my new books.
I also like the thought of having a family that would always have your back and I think that's why I love the series I love so much. They are loyal to each other. Hell on Wheels was pretty good...not on Kenyon or Ward's level but a good book for the first in a series. I'm reading the second one now. It's by Julie Ann Walker.

Tags: