• April 16, 2024, 01:01 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Review: Twice Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost  (Read 1688 times)

Offline lulu7005

• PTS Expert
  • Rating : 14780
  • Might is right. Possession is 9/10 of the law.
Book: Twice Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Genre: PRN (paranormal romance with vampire, ghouls,...)
Published year: 2012
Rating: 4 out of 5 (****)
The blurb:
She's a mortal with dark powers...
After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...

He's the Prince of Night...
Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

My Review:
This is a spin-off to the Night Huntress series.
I loved that book. Vlad is his same old self, that is sexy and charismatic as hell (for those who doesn't know him, he is supposed to be the original Dracula ^^) and Leila is an interesting and resourceful heroine. The story is fluid and without dead time but I found the end and the (short) epilogue quite abrupt.

Advertisement

Tags: