• March 28, 2024, 02:45 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Free online books to read - Share the link to your favorite free online stories  (Read 27561 times)

Offline Aquarise

• Once Active, Now Lurker
  • Alumni Moderator
  • PTS Expert
  • Rating : 1924
Since Ebook sharing has been disabled on this site and all of us are always itching to read new books, I thought it would be good to share some links to Legally free stories available on the internet which you would recommend so that others can try it. Everyone can post their favorites and authors, you can promote yours too! Just do not link to any plagiarized work. Would you like it if I plagiarized yours and promoted it?

Recommended format for posting:
Title:
Author:
Available on:
Any requirements for reading: (Some may require free registrations)
Summary:
Content rating: (YA or Adult or New Adult/Mature YA) (Mainly focusing on dividing according to these categories)
Link:

Remember NOT to link to any site which may require to pay UNLESS the story is worth the price.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:59 AM by Aquarise »
Have you checked this out yet?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Feeling Stressed? Step away for some time to cool down.
Feeling down? Converse. We promise to amuse.
We are a family here. We're listening

The following users thanked this post: maggiewashington, mayabelle, anzuk, agostinabtsarmy

Advertisement

Offline Lexie

This is a good idea, Aqua! :) I'm sure ya'll have something to share right? Just follow the simple rules and we all can be happy. ;) Happy posting and reading! ;)

The following users thanked this post: Aquarise, maggiewashington

Offline AbsentMinded

I am not a writer but there's this story I really love on wattpad, I just want to share the product of this talented writer 'Kay Darali'. She's planning to self publish this book, for those who loves to read Teen Fictions and is not aware of this book yet, you could check it out before it get deleted. I guarantee, you will not regret it :)

Title: I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (Slowly editing)
Author: DarknessAndLight
Available on: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any requirements for reading: Nothing, member or not can read it, but its much better to read it as member ;)
Summary:
                Welcome to a vampire/werewolf/mystical creature/teen-super-spy/arranged marriage free environment where your patience will be greatly challenged! Lexi Grayson is just a normal teenager, as normal as she can be with her unobserving skills and her over thinking mind. But maybe she’ll need the over thinking to unravel the smirking mystery that is Blake Eaton.

Content rating: YA
Link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:46 AM by Aquarise »
"A reader lives a thousand lives BEFORE HE DIES...the one who never read lives only once"

I am so grateful for this site ♥
Admin and members rocks!!!

The following users thanked this post: Aquarise, agostinabtsarmy

lola-b

Title: Adventures In Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing #1)
Author: Milda Harris
Available on: Smashwords
Any requirements for reading: You can read it online or download your preferred format, no registration needed
Summary: Sixteen year old Kait Lenox has a reputation as the weird girl in her high school, mostly because of her ex-best friend turned mean popular girl, Ariel, but maybe it has a little to do with the fact that Kait has a hobby crashing funerals. At one of these, Kait is outted by the most popular guy in school, Ethan Ripley. Yet, instead of humiliating her for all the world to see, he asks for her help, and Kait finds herself entangled in a murder mystery. Not only is the thrill of the mystery exciting, but more importantly Ethan knows her name! A little sleuthing is well worth that!
Content rating: Young Adult

This book is really cute. I read it in one sitting. It might seem gloomy with the funeral as a topic but it's actually a really fun read. Not at all depressing :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:48 AM by Aquarise »

The following users thanked this post: Aquarise

Offline Ellie_xo

Not A Chance - S.C. Stephens - Feedbooks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Title: Not a Chance
Author: S.C. Stephens
Available on: feedbooks
Any requirements for reading: N/A
Summary: At first glance, he seemed like a straight-laced, never told a lie in his life, good guy. Just goes to show - first impressions can be dead wrong. Makayla should have listened to her instincts. She never should have accepted a date with him, she never should have continued seeing him, and she definitely shouldn't have started falling for him.
Content rating: Adult
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:49 AM by Aquarise »

The following users thanked this post: Aquarise, agostinabtsarmy

oneweirdauthor

Everyone can post their favorites and authors, you can promote yours too!

Don't have to ask me twice. ;D

Title: In The Beginning: (Book 1 of The Great Destruction Series)
Author: Melanie Ray
Available on: My own site (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) as well as smashwords.
Any requirements for reading: (Some may require free registrations) No, but you do need to sign up to leave comments on my site. (That's free of course)
Summary: Scifi/Fantasy Tragic Comedy.
A surprise pregnancy. A hidden father hiding as a guard. An oncoming war. To save his peaceful race, a king abuses the trust of his Protector. With treason over his head, the Protector watches over the mother of his children without sharing his secret.

Ezra is one of the few pure ones left. After her life is ruined after one night, her old friend comes back to take care of her. Uneasy, yet delighted at the same time, a new bond occurs between them.

But allies have left in great numbers, and events overshadow the inevitable end. Could one pregnancy make a difference, or is everyone doomed to become a soulless pink-eyed rat tail?
Content rating: (YA or Adult) (Mainly focusing on dividing according to these two categories) Adult (leans more toward General audience)

The Great Destruction series shares a Creative Commons License 3.0. So once you have it, you can feel free to share it with others legally, you just aren't allowed to profit from it and must keep it intact.

Since this site actually changed my own philosophy so much, I am extending one of my pay for books to you guys too.

How to get Death by Cake free: Simply input WT38N for the coupon code before hitting check out. Good until November 13, 2012.

Title:
Death by Cake: Book 1: The Lost Secret Series
Author: Melanie Ray
Available on: Smashwords. Currently posting free parts on T-Th-F on my site.
Any requirements for reading: (Some may require free registrations) Same as last book in thread.
Summary: Hippie hero, death by sweets, never ending childhood for young and old, and an interesting hit on the newest resident? Welcome to Lost Secret girls and boys!

Warning! Foul language can be used. This book is a dark piece of comedy fiction, but the series is romantic as a whole. If you take it seriously, you will fry your brain. Not for children. Also, reading story may make you actually crave sweets.

Shari Kari is in trouble. She just broke up with her boyfriend, but now he's got a hit on her. Her supportive sister tells her to get out of Calibri City and into a small safe town: Lost Secret. Famous for being the one-stop drop town for the rich and famous' children. No crime. Where even adults act like children. She finds a friend in Timothy Varmen, and a semi-happy life, until her special condition gets out of control.

Ezekiel is the town's hero. While acting like a big child himself, he's taken on the extra duty of trying to 'save' the new local resident, whether she likes it or not.

In this town, a man must learn to grow up, and a woman must learn to grow down. Scandals, inhibitions, temptations...

A story of childhood...that's not for children.

Book 1 of 3.
Content rating: (YA or Adult) (Mainly focusing on dividing according to these two categories) Adult.

If you enjoy these books and/or are open to reading more for reviewing purposes, please PM me for other titles I have.:) If you do not have access to smashwords and would like an ebook version, PM me too. Thanks. :-*

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:55 AM by Aquarise »

lola-b

Darkhouse (experiment in Terror #1) - Karina Halle - Smashwords
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 07:43 AM »
Title: Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror #1)
Author: Karina Halle
Any requirements for reading: N/A
Summary: There’s always been something a bit off about Perry Palomino. Though she’s been dealing with a quarter-life crisis and post-college syndrome like any other twentysomething, she’s still not what you would call “ordinary.” For one thing, there’s her past which she likes to pretend never happened, and then there’s the fact that she sees ghosts. Luckily for her, that all comes in handy when she stumbles across Dex Foray, an eccentric producer for an upcoming webcast on ghost hunters. Even though the show’s budget is non-existent and Dex himself is a maddening enigma, Perry is instantly drawn into a world that both threatens her life and seduces her with a sense of importance. Her uncle’s haunted lighthouse provides the perfect catalyst and backdrop for a horrific mystery that unravels the threads of Perry’s fragile sanity and causes her to fall for a man, who, like the most dangerous of ghosts, may not be all that he seems.
Content rating: I'd say somewhere between Young Adult and Adult, maybe for mature young adults?

This is one of my favourite book series. The chemistry between Perry and Dex is amazing.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:52 AM by Aquarise »

The following users thanked this post: Moon13, Aquarise, miss fifi

SwEtDeAtH

Law of the Lycans series - Nicky Charles - Author's site
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03 PM »
This is a free website, Nicky Charles writes for fun. She has 3 books to this series: The Law of the Lycans

1. The Mating
Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger. A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn.

2. The Keeping
Ryne Taylor was a sexy bad-ass Alpha set on establishing a new pack. Melody Greene was a journalism student researching his work as a photographer—or so she said. But could Mel really be trusted or had she stumbled upon his secret? And if she knew, could Ryne save himself and the pack he’d left behind without enacting a deadly ancient law known as The Keeping? A novel of paranormal romantic suspense. Sequel to The Mating. A SKOW winner for best M-rated romance.

3. The Finding
She discovered a dark secret, witnessed a murder and fled into the night fearing for her life. Three years later, Cassie is still hiding from her past, haunted by a dream lover and fighting to control a terrifying beast that seems to grow stronger each day. When Bryan, pack Beta, appears to claim her, Cassie is forced to face the truth of her existence. Innocence, betrayal, greed and love collide with ancient werewolf laws in... The Finding. Third book in The Law of the Lycans series by Nicky Charles.

I'm hoping the link works, if not just google her name and you'll find her.

Happy Reading

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:51 AM by Aquarise »

The following users thanked this post: Moon13, Aquarise, lizconno, miss fifi

lola-b

Seaweed - Ella Strauss - Smashwords
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Title: Seaweed
Author: Elle Strauss
Any requirements for reading: You can read it online or download your preferred format, no registration needed
Summary: Dori Seward can’t wait to get out of Eastcove, a sleepy fishing village on the border of New Brunswick and Maine. She bides her time by hanging out with friends, attending swim club, and holding her biggest competition, Colby–who wants more than just friendship, at arm’s length.
Then Tor Riley comes to town and he has everything Dori dreams of in a boyfriend–looks, athleticism and mystery.
But Tor also has a tantalizing secret and Dori is determined to find out what it is. The truth is crazier than her wildest imaginations and more dangerous, too. Dori has new enemies, and they will do anything to get to her.
Her life, her dreams and her love for Tor are all weighing in the balance. Will Dori risk it all in order to have it all?
Content rating: Young Adult

I haven't read this one yet but I loved The Clockwise series from this author so I'm sure this one will be just as great.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:50 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Aquarise

• Alumni Moderator
  • PTS Expert
Dateless and Deadly - Jules130 - Wattpad
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 04:44 AM »
Title: Dateless and Deadly
Author: Jules130
Available on: Wattpad
Any requirements for reading: Internet Connection Required (or you can download the story through Wattpad app for specific devices) (To vote or comment on the story, you will need to register - FREE REGISTRATION- though)
Summary:Cassandra Cole and her sister Samantha were perfectly normal college students. Until they were kidnapped by a rogue organization that claimed they were the products of a couple of magical power houses and not to mention, destined to save the world. Now they're working against a powerful enemy, Caine, who wants their special talents for himself. But which one of the Cole sisters should he really be after? Cute guys, an epic battle, and magic powers. What more could a girl ask for?
Link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (The link is to the Table of Content Page of the story)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:49 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Aquarise

• Alumni Moderator
  • PTS Expert
Love At Last Sight - Jordan Lynde - Wattpad
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 04:47 AM »
Title: Love At Last Sight
Author: XxSkater2Girl16xX (Jordan Lynde)
Available on: Wattpad
Any requirements for reading: Internet Connection Required (or you can download the story through Wattpad app for specific devices) (To vote or comment on the story, you will need to register - FREE REGISTRATION - though)
Summary:
“Rose, I’m sorry, but your eyesight will be gone by the end of this year.” Who knew one simple sentence could change a life so drastically? Rose is a normal seventeen year old girl with a normal life, normal friends, and what she thought to be normal vision. When she receives the news her vision is slowly deteriorating, she doesn't know what to think. Her life is over. What's a life without being able to see? Enter Chace, a young man who tackled Rose to the ground, mistakingly thinking she was about to commit suicide. He's handsome, suave, and has no idea why Rose is so upset. And even though she is a complete stranger, he decides he wants to help her feel better. With four months until her vision is gone forever, Rose slowly falls in love with this happy-go-lucky young man, but never reveals her problem to him. She's scared. Will he stay with her when he finds out she's going blind? Or will he ditch her when he finds out the truth?
Link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (The link is to the Table of Content Page of the story)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:00 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Chrysa-lis

Nothing Left to Lose & Enjoying the Chase - Kirsty Moseley - Wattpad
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 05:08 AM »
Title: Nothing Left to Lose
Author: Kirsty Moseley

Any requirements for reading: no

Summary: Annabelle Spencer’s life is perfect, she has the perfect parents, perfect friends and of course the perfect boyfriend Jamie. On her 16th birthday her life comes crashing down around her when Jamie is murdered right in front of her, and she is kidnapped by Carter Thomas a big time drug and arms dealer. After five months of being with Carter she’s found, but the experience has totally changed her. She’s no longer the happy go lucky girl, she’s now cold, hard, she suffers from night terrors and is afraid to let anyone touch her. She pushes everyone away thinking that if she doesn’t let anyone in then she won’t ever get hurt again. Her slogan for life is now 'If you don't care about anything you have nothing to lose'. Carter’s currently serving time for the murder of Jamie, a conviction she helped secure. But his re-trial is coming up, as some key evidence appears to have been tampered with. Death threats are coming in from his organization, they want him released and will stop at nothing for that to happen. Ashton Taylor is a newly qualified SWAT agent who gets assigned to guard her, slowly he starts to re-build her life, but is she too far gone to let him help her? And if she can let him in, is it already too late?

Content rating: Mature YA - Language - sex - fighting - drinking

Title: Enjoying The Chase (Sequel to NLTL)
Author: Kirsty Moseley

Summary: Nate Peters is a player. He has great friends, a great job, no responsibilities, no girlfriend and he LOVES it. He's never failed to get a girl in his life, that is until he meets Rosie. She's totally uninterested in him and he can't stand it, she dents his ego and he'll stop at nothing to win her. A Romance / Humour that will make you laugh, cry and scream in frustration! This is entered into the watty awards. WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE AS CHAPTER 1 CONTAINS A HUGE SPOILER FOR THE END OF Nothing Left To Lose!!!!

Content rating: Mature YA - Language - sex - fighting - drinking

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:44 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Chrysa-lis

New York series - VelvetWriter - FictionPress
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 06:42 AM »
Title:
New York Series
1) The Rules of Verse
2) Just Friends
3) A Simple Twist of Fate

Author: VelvetWriter

Available on: FictionPress.com

Summary:
The Rules of Verse
A move to New York city to escape what Rae Anne views as a dead end life, begins to get interesting as she meets Landon, a young man in an up and coming rock band.  Fiction: General - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 31

Just Friends
Being best friends is one thing, but when Cassie's relationship with Preston leads to something more, can the two remain friends still?
Fiction: General - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 20

A Simple Twist of Fate
Kat knew a relationship with one of her brother's friends was dangerous, especially wtih the reputations they both had. But when the attraction is too great, the only thing possible is to try and keep those around them from finding out.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 49

Content rating: Mature YA

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:46 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Chrysa-lis

The Latest Attraction - VelvetWriter - Fictionpress
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57 AM »
Title:
The Latest Attraction

Author: VelvetWriter

Available on: FictionPress.com

Summary:
Stella has lived her life as her brother's twin, invisible to the men in her life. As that changes, she struggles to figure out where she stands with her brother's best friend Armando and the image she has created for herself as one of the guys in the band.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 22

Content rating: Mature YA

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:43 AM by Aquarise »

Offline Aquarise

• Alumni Moderator
  • PTS Expert
Proper Subject Title please, if you don't mind.

newxseason

THe Unexpected Series By Roxann Season (Free Books)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 11:52 PM »

Sawyer Romano left her family on an unidentifiable island, unknown to the public, after they fled for their safety, and is heading to Derby, California. After a sheltered life, she's in for an adventure beyond her imagination, a love she didn't expect and friends she'll do anything for by the end of senior year.Can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline maggiewashington

Are Men the Weaker Sex? - Josette Sona - Smashwords
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13 AM »
The isn't so much a story (fiction) but rather a non-fiction book explaining why men do what they do and why so many people have problems with them, especially when guys abuse, harass, hurt...

Title:
Are Men the Weaker Sex?
Author: Josette Sona
Any requirements for reading: I think you have to register with Smashwords but it's free (as well as the book) and it's a good idea to register with Smashwords because they have tons of free books - adding more all the time.
Summary: Whether you're in a relationship or wanting to be in one, this insightful/informative book helps the reader understand why men often do what they do.
This book, years in the making, is written mostly for girls and young women so they can have a better understanding of why men often act the way they do. Women will probably figure it out eventually but it's great to be armed with knowledge and insight. So if a woman comes across a guy with similar characteristics found in this book, she'll recognize the behaviors and know she's not "just imagining things", "making a big thing out of nothing", etc. - the way a woman is often told (by a guy) when she points out some character flaw he has.
The understanding of a negative situation often helps us to make peace with it and experience forgiveness - which ultimately benefits everyone. Being informed will, hopefully, help us make better choices in life.
Content rating: Even though it has some adult content, it is geared towards young adults and new adults as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:20 AM by maggiewashington »

The following users thanked this post: Aquarise, mayabelle

Offline mayabelle

• PTS Expert
  • Rating : 1477
  • Please click on the ads (up to 10 times per day)
Free eBooks
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Here's my list of websites that might offer free ebooks:

Websites with free EBOOKS;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (where some of the books listed, above, can be found) ;)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login free harlequin reads and
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login online reads
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (I'm not sure if this is legit.  The book I tried to borrow wasn't available.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  some of the books listed are free
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  which leads to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  will be getting more books soon.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  has lots of classics that you can read online (or I suppose you could copy and paste :laugh:)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  the few I checked just seemed to be links to Smashwords
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  but I don't know if any of them are free or not. ;)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  might be worth checking out for possibly some background info.

Some online PUBLISHERS have free book sections, such as:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  we can request some books to read and review them for free.

And some websites that have ARTICLES on free ebooks are:

Some AUTHORS have free ebooks available on their websites, such as:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Joey W. Hill titles

:-*
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:28 AM by mayabelle »
:party:  Clicking on the ads generates revenue for PTS!  :party:

The following users thanked this post: BBN, ronnie0602, anzuk, enkolove, Shadow

Offline Shadow

Unsure if anyone has posted this link yet, but i have found a few good books here for free

Tags: