• April 19, 2024, 01:21 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare  (Read 14335 times)

Katerandomness

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:53 PM »
City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare 3.5/5 stars

I have to admit I don't have a very high expectation when it comes to books. As long as it engages me, it's a good book. And I don't even have a clue what engages me. The Hunger Games didn't engage me, oddly. But since this series has come to its fifth book, I wouldn't pick it up if I hadn't been engaged in this story, right? So I assume that if you have been following up Jace and Clary closely, you would want to pick this up.

Basically, Jace and Sebastian are now linked. You stab Jace, Sebastian bleeds, and vice versa. Jace and Sebastian have become best buddys too (Jace is kind of brainwashed), though Jace hasn't changed his love for Clary, and asks Clary to join them, to carry out whatever evil plan Sebastian has. Clary decides to go for it, and finds a way to sever Jace and Sebastian's bond.

I say the plot is not bad! It surprised me on a few occasions and I CAN'T BELIEVE what Clary did what she did at some point in the story. I actually gasped and cried "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" when I read that. I wish I could tell you right now what she did but I don't want to spoil it for you.
Something else totally intrigued me. After I read the story I am DESPERATE to understand Sebestian more! I can't tell you how much I want to know more of him, though he's definitely a bastard. I want to know how he actually feels about Jace and Clary, even if the feelings are negative? Does he hate them? Like hate them and want to kill them? Jealous? Or what? 'Cause after reading this, I can't even tell!

I hope you guys enjoy it. And I can't wait to read The Clockwork Princess ;) And tell me what you think after you read it!

Advertisement

Offline summeranne

Re: City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2012, 11:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry for that. But we are discrete with our discussion though. We made sure of that. ;D  mmmm... that only means you have to or you must read TID now!!!  >:D

Haha!  I'm not upset, just confused. ;)

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
  • Rating : 1076
  • ^if you got detention, that's the way you do it!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Haha!  I'm not upset, just confused. ;)

I hope you enjoyed our discussion and we didn't spoiled you too much. ;D 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Wrath to Butch: That's you. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer....
Rhage: But you'll always be Butch to us, as well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass... I think as long as there's an ASS in there, it'll be accurate.
Zhadist: How about bASStard?

^LOL :P

vipa9597

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 01:04 AM »
Could someone please post the City of Lost Souls here? Please and thank you. :)

Offline Nyny

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51 AM »
Please read this
rotty is my BFF

Offline juice0179

• PTS Member
  • Rating : 10
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Loved the first three books.  4th I thought was ok.  5th was disappointing to me.  I felt like the end of it was rushed and then before you had the time to savor anything it was over.  There were some parts of the 4th and 5th books that just didn't seem to be in sync with the dialogue and wit of the first three.  Will still read the last one though,  hoping for a fantastic ending and some redemption.

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Loved the first three books.  4th I thought was ok.  5th was disappointing to me.  I felt like the end of it was rushed and then before you had the time to savor anything it was over.  There were some parts of the 4th and 5th books that just didn't seem to be in sync with the dialogue and wit of the first three.  Will still read the last one though,  hoping for a fantastic ending and some redemption.

Your disappointed? Well, i kinda thought it was much more better than the fourth and i like the cliffhanger. It gives this feeling of anticipation that the last installment will be full of action. Adding to that, readers get a glimpse of the depth of Sebastian's character. I agree with wit definitely lacking in the fifth though I forgot about that because of the numerous Simon and Isabelle's scenes. Well, different readers have varied and different opinions. Let's just hope that the next book will be more astounding than the previous two.  ;D
Wrath to Butch: That's you. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer....
Rhage: But you'll always be Butch to us, as well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass... I think as long as there's an ASS in there, it'll be accurate.

chicken3

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Yes, Sebastiain, his really deep, intriguing, cunning and powerful. For me, he's the kind of villain I will fall for. The kind of evil character that I both love and hate to read. (Just like "the Mayor" in Chaos Walking Trilogy)so I liked him much better than Valentine. I dont even give a damn about Valentine on first 3 books other than when will he die and fail.

Simon is really funny. And i think becoming a vampire made him more interesting. For me, its a great thing he ended (will) with Isabelle. They make a great couple. (insert fangirl scream).

I really liked the series, but know it feels to me as though the author is just dragging it on. Also, the two spin off series' seem very similar to TMI because the Infernal Devices also has two males that are parabatis and a female lead. Right now, I just want the series over with so that I can finish the books.

In Clockwork Prince, we find out that the demon didn't actually have the power to curse Will, so I don't think that Magnus can help with that problem.  The whole series is like a brain fart though. It can lead anywhere!

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 06:34 PM »

I really liked the series, but know it feels to me as though the author is just dragging it on. Also, the two spin off series' seem very similar to TMI because the Infernal Devices also has two males that are parabatis and a female lead. Right now, I just want the series over with so that I can finish the books.

In Clockwork Prince, we find out that the demon didn't actually have the power to curse Will, so I don't think that Magnus can help with that problem.  The whole series is like a brain fart though. It can lead anywhere!

Agree on the last part.

Yes you maybe somehow right about TMI and TID. I know where you're coming from. But TMI has lots of different themes in it. When I read it, and immerse myself, its has more depth than TID. About the series being a drag, I dont know if I can completely agree/disagree with you 'cause I definitely enjoyed the Shadowhunter world Clare created and I want to read more about it. Hence my anticipation for Dark Artifices is pretty high. One more thing I can say, let's just see what will happen next.

Offline hawshy

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 12:47 AM »
Have you all seen the new cover for Clockwork Princess? I'm so excited for this book but it's so far away. Hmm oh well (sorry it's so large!)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:49 AM by hawshy »

Offline Suad

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Hey guys I just had to pop in, lol

Offline Lexie

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35 AM »

Now, now, Suad, babe. You got me thinking. :P I forgot about Tessa's Immortality. :P

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Its ok to share your opinion with us. I do like discussion more outside of a classroom  ;D

Offline Lexie

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Its ok to share your opinion with us. I do like discussion more outside of a classroom  ;D

I saw some replies in other thread Suad made, I can't remember if that is true though. SO, Immortals can't conceive a child? Warlocks, I mean?

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44 PM »
I saw some replies in other thread Suad made, I can't remember if that is true though. SO, Immortals can't conceive a child? Warlocks, I mean?

They can't???  ???

So where did Emma Carstairs came from?!?!

Offline Lexie

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 06:47 PM »
They can't???  ???

So where did Emma Carstairs came from?!?!

From Jem's. LOL!

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 06:51 PM »
From Jem's. LOL!

Of course  :banghead: Mental forehead smack!

So who is the mom?

Offline Lexie

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Of course  :banghead: Mental forehead smack!

So who is the mom?

That is unknown to me. :P

Offline hudasee

• PTS Expert
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 07:01 PM »
That is unknown to me. :P

I was just wondering out-loud.  ;D

Offline Suad

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53 AM »
Hudasee why don't you like Will?

Offline Lexie

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 03:45 AM »
Hudasee why don't you like Will?

Lol! I agree, it doesn't make any sense. Hopefully it'll be answered on the next books. >_<

Tags: