• March 28, 2024, 11:59 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Perusing The Shelves

Author Topic: Where to now  (Read 3116 times)

Offline heltona27

• PTS Member
  • Rating : 0
Where to now
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Okay we can't Share ebooks here anymore so where do we go?  We cld all just share elsewhere.  That's my suggestion. Anyone have any ideas.  I loved this Site for around 2 years hate to see it end .I would gladly pay like $10 a month to stay the way it was.

Advertisement

Offline docami

• PTS Newbie
Re: Where to now
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I will miss this site.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:27 PM by docami »

Offline heltona27

• PTS Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:20 PM »
I hope someone knows a Site as good as this one (was) ill try the one u suggested.  Anyone else know any?

Offline cosmicpnda

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:08 AM »
I had just recently found this site.  I loved it! Not even just for the books  (of course that was the main reason) but also because there was soo many conversations and people seemed to genuinely care.  I would definitely love to find a site like this one that allows sharing too.  I don't really get why we can't share.  It is the same thing as renting from a library isn't it? The library doesn't charge & as long as you are following author's wishes, I don't get the issue...

Offline Dusty Simon

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Unfortunately, authors don't see this as just 'sharing' like a library. Sooooo... in order to avoid a lawsuit STP has to change.

Offline PPoe

• PTS Contributor
  • Rating : 761
  • Better to ask forgiveness than permission
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53 PM »
What I wanna know is why they aren't giving other sharing sites trouble? There are still loads of places to get free ebooks; why only pick on STP?
"Whose job is it to answer the door?"

"Why, what questions has it been asking?"

Offline Mr. Admin

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:48 AM »
First of all, there's no lawsuit and even though authors have been targeting STP for last few months vigilantly, this decision was regardless of that. Even if there's a lawsuit, it will be a total loss for the authors really as STP doesn't have any assets or anything.

When you got nothing then you got nothing to lose.

Our aim is to be different than the other forums/sites. We believe that there's a difference between piracy and sharing, and there could be a possible solution where both readers and authors can be catered, especially the new authors who are financially-strapped. We are working on server upgrades and a new site (which will replace STP) with a fresh outlook and another chance for us to try to find a peaceful solution.
Please always feel free to PM me regarding any issues or suggestions.

angelayu

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Yeah, this is bloody sad.  :( I'm on this site for just a few months and I loved it! But the news..... Oh boy..  :(

Offline Mr. Admin

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
oops someone deleted my post  :D that is so polite indeed.
I said .... is also a sharing site.. so with all due respect, what's wrong with that? To warrant its removal w/o notice?  :33:
First I don't want you to leave as we are still a readers community and secondly don't want to get the other site into any trouble.
Please always feel free to PM me regarding any issues or suggestions.

Tags: