PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE who can help me by designing a complete project on AIRLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM by using access and visual basic 2006 with a set of TABLES , QUERIES , FORMS AND REPORTS and here are the different parts of the project :
Booking agents with varying levels of familiarity with computers will mostly use this system. With this in mind, an important feature of this software is that it be relatively simple to use. The scope of this project encompasses: -
Flight_Information: The function allows the airline passenger to search for flights that are available between the two travel cities, namely the "Departure city" and "Arrival city". In the "Reservations" function, the system initially prompts the passenger for the two travel cities and displays a list of airline flights that are scheduled for these cities.
? When the passenger chooses for the information about the flight, flight details are shown as: Flight Number, Flight Fare and the total number of available seats in the flight.
? On Cancellation of a Ticket or Reservation, the total booked seats are decremented and are reflected in the flights details.
After the system displays a list of available flights, the passenger is allowed to choose a particular flight and make reservations for that flight.
Flight Status: When the passenger chooses a flight, he books the ticket to perform Flight Reservation. The details for the selected flight are queried from the ?flights? database. The flight details shown are: Flight number, Flight Fare, Departure City, Departure date (day of current month), Departure Time, Arrival City, Arrival date and Arrival time, number of seats available in a particular flight on a particular day.
Passenger_Info: This module consists of the details of passenger?s booking for a flight. The personal details it consists are like Name, Age, Sex, Address, Email id and Contact Phone number.
Booking/Reservation: This module consists of the entries made at the reception by the operator for the advanced ticket booking of a passenger. It contains Passenger No., Class, Fare, Ticket, Date of Journey, Date of Booking, Discount, and Total Fare.
Cancellation of existing Flight Reservation : The system also allows the passenger to cancel an existing reservation. This function registers the information regarding a passenger who has requested for a cancellation of his/her ticket. It includes entries pertaining to the Flight No., Ticket No, Name, Source, Destination, Date of Journey, Fare deducted.
2/ DEFINITIONS, ABBREVIATIONS AND ACRONYMNS
1. Flight_No: The flight number is the defining key when it comes to the flight field. This key will be used when searching for a specific flight. Also the flight number must not be one that is already in use. In other words it must be unique for the flight schedule. Examples of correct flight numbers are "ff001" and "ff324".
2. Airport_Name The airport attribute will consist of a character string having a maximum length of twenty-five. This character string will be the airport's name and will incorporate any combination of characters. An example of a valid entry will be "Kennedy Airport".
3. Departure Time: This attribute states about the departure of the flight and will consist of four positive digits that coincide with the twenty-four hour clock. It will be local time and must start with leading zeros if the hour time is not two digits. The first two digits will range from "00" to "23" and the last two digits will range from "00" to "59". An invalid entry will consist of negative digits, digits that are not of length four, and digits that do not fall into the range above. An example of a valid entry is "0130".
4. Arrival Time: The arrival time of a flight will consist of four positive digits that are in twenty-four hour clock mode. It will be local time and must start with leading zeros if the hour time is not two digits. The range of the first two digits are "00" to "23" and the range of the last two digits are "00" to "59". An invalid entry is one that will not fall into the above range, an entry that is negative, and digits that are not of length four. An example of a valid entry is "1234".
5. Destination: The destination place define the place where the land of the plane will take place and will be a city name. The field will be at most twenty characters long. An invalid entry will be a city name that is non-existent in the City database The computer prompts the user for a decision of either of the above options. An example of a valid entry is "Lethbridge".
6. Source: The arrival point will be a city name and it defines the location from where the flight will take off. The field consists of twenty characters and must be a valid city name. An invalid entry will be a city that is not on the flight list or a no occurrence of a city name in the City entity database. An example of an invalid entry is having an arrival point that is the same as the departure point. An example of a valid entry is "Calgary".
7. First Name: This is the passenger?s first name and this will also be a string of twenty characters containing only alphabetic characters and punctuation. Any string containing digits is invalid. Example: "John".
8. Address: This specifies the address of the passenger and this will be a string of fifty characters. This field is expected to include: building number, street, city, province, and postal code, in a form suitable for a mailing label. Example: "2500 University Dr. Calgary, AB T2L 0A0".
9. Phone number: This is the passenger?s phone number. It will consist of a three digit area code enclosed in parentheses plus a seven digit local number. The area code may not be omitted, but the local code will be provided as a default. Example: "(403)2831752".
10. Login id: This is the login identification of the user in order to log into the reservation system. It consists of a string of ten characters. Letters of either uppercase or lowercase may be used, but the name must be a single word (ie no spaces). Example: "davidt".
11. Password: This is the security password that must be entered in order to enter in the appropriate login name to gain access to the reservation system. It will be stored in an encrypted format for security. It consists of a string of ten characters. Letters of either uppercase or lowercase may be used, but the name must be a single word (ie no spaces). Note that when this is entered or changed, the characters will not be displayed on the screen.
MICROSOFT ACCESS AND VISUAL BASIC 2006
Airlines reservation basically includes issuing tickets to passengers who want to fly to a particular destination a particular day and time.
Thus, the various activities that the airlines reservation encounter are checking the plane that flies to a particular from a starting point, checking the availability of seats in that particular flight and to issue the tickets if the seat is available. Then there is problem of cancellation. If a passenger for some reason wants to cancel a confirmed ticket, then the penalty is calculated based on the time the cancellation is made and the balance amount is refunded. The amount to be refunded is based upon the airlines? cancellation policy.
The system will require the various inputs under the following activities :-
? LOGIN FORM:-
? FLIGHT ENTRY FORM:-
? Flight_no ( Flight number)
? Days_ of_ op ( days of operation )
? No_of_seats ( number of seats )
? FARE ENTRY FORM:-
? AGENT ENTRY FORM:-
? Agent_cd ( agent code)
? AIRPORT ENTRY FORM:-
? DISCOUNT ENTRY FORM:-
? FLIGHT RESERVARTION FORM:-
? Date_of_jour ( date of journey)
? FLIGHT STATUS FORM:-
? TICKET CANCELLATION FORM:-
? Pnr_no ( passenger number)
The system will generate the following under the given forms:-
? FLIGHT INFORMATION FORM:-
? Fare_amt ( fare amount )
? FLIGHT STATUS FORM:-
? FLIGHT RESERVATION FORM:-
? TICKET CANCELLATION FORM
? Disc_code ( discount code)
The following will be produced as output:-
? Booked Ticket
? Cancelled Ticket and the balanced amount
? Query results( e.g. flight status)
4.1 USER INTERFACE
LOGIN SCREEN :
The login screen, is the security window of the package. In this screen there are four items, the two text fields to enter the login name and also to enter the encrypted password. The ?cancel? button is to cancel the text that has been entered. If the password is entered correct, then only the package will be open.If a non-existent login name or incorrect password is entered, the user will not gain access to the system. The system will then re-initiate the login procedure at which point the user should ensure that the proper login name and password are being used.
1. Password should be in the encrypted form
2. Minimum length of password should be four characters.
This is the main screen of the package. It provides five options: -
1. ADMINISTRATION: It is for additional/ deletion of flights, change in the schedule, change in fare, change in discount etc.
2. FLIGHT: It is for obtaining information of a particular flight, its schedule, days of operation, fare for various classes etc
3. BOOKING/CANCELLATION: It is basically for the booking and cancellation of the seats for a particular flight.
4. REPORTS: It is for generating various kinds of reports.
5. Exit: This is present in order to exit from the system
On clicking the administration option of main menu, a pull down menu is displayed. It has following five options.
1. FLIGHT MASTER:
He is present for the addition /deletion or any change in the flight details.
2. AGENT MASTER
He is present in order to keep track of how many agents are on the roll of company and what is their status i.e. working or nonworking.
3. FARE MASTER
He is present for entering the fare for each flight as per type of ticket and class of interval
4. AIRPORT MASTER
He is present to keep the record of airports present, connected by the airlines company, their locations and the city in which they are present.
5. DISCOUNT MASTER
He is present to keep the record of types of discounts offered and its percentage on the fare amount.
On clicking the flight option of main menu a pull down menu is displayed. It has two options
1. FLIGHT INFORMATION:
It gives the details of the flight connecting two airports, its departure time, arrival time, flight number and days of operation. Further it provides information of the fare for the class opted.
2. FLIGHT STATUS:
It gives the details of the seats available in a particular flight on a particular date.
On clicking the booking/cancellation of main menu a pull down is displayed. It has two options.
1. RESERVATION: It has further two sub options:
a.) Reservation of a particular flight
b.) Issue of a boarding pass
2. CANCELLATION: Cancellation of the ticket for a particular flight is incorporated within this module.
1. PASSENGER LIST:
This module basically helps in obtaining lists of passengers for a particular flight on a particular date.
This module basically helps in obtaining lists of all the booked ticked for a particular flight on a particular date.
This module basically helps in obtaining lists of all the cancelled tickets for a particular flight on a particular date.