Data Structures and Algorithms in Java continues to offer accessible coverage of fundamental data structures, using a consistent object-oriented framework. The authors provide intuition, description, and analysis of fundamental data structures and algorithms. Numerous illustrations, web-based animations, and simplified mathematical analyses justify important analytical concepts.
Key Features of the Fourth Edition:
* Updates to Java 5.0 include new sections on generics and other Java 5.0 features, and revised code fragments, examples, and case studies to conform to Java 5.0.
* Hundreds of exercises, including many that are new to this edition, promote creativity and help readers learn how to think like programmers and reinforce important concepts.
* New case studies illustrate topics such as web browsers, board games, and encryption.
* A new early chapter covers Arrays, Linked Lists, and Recursion.
* A new final chapter on Memory covers memory management and external memory data structures and algorithms.
* Java code examples are used extensively, with source code provided on the website.
* Online animations and effective in-text art illustrate data structures and algorithms in a clear, visual manner.