Hi everyone!WHAT DOES PTS CONSIDER AS HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION AND/OR BULLYING?
Any communication which:
• will have the effect of physically or emotionally harming a poster;
• will damage the poster's property;
• places the poster in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm or damage to property;
• has the effect of insulting or demeaning any poster or group of posters;
• creates a hostile environment by severely causing emotional or physical harm; or
• is perceived to be motivated by race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability or other distinguishing characteristic.What should you do if you feel you are being bullied by a Member?
What if you are being bullied by a Mod?
- Hit the report to moderator button on the bottom of the post or pm. Each and every time. We are here to help you. Hitting that button creates a permanent record that cannot be altered or deleted. Explain why you feel you are being bullied.
- Note the date and time of incident. This will be important information should you continue to be targeted by the same member. Banning a member would be a likely solution for this type of offensive behavior.
Same as above. In addition, send a PM to MR ADMIN, each and every time.
Again, Mod reports cannot be altered or deleted by anyone, including Mods. PLEASE NOTE:
- Being asked to comply with Mod requests/site guidelines is NOT bullying.
Many of you have witnessed Mods attempting to diffuse a situation that became heated. Minor fights/squabbles are one thing. People of all backgrounds and personalities visit PTS daily. Opinions can differ, emotions may get triggered and things might be said. But you DO have certain rights as a member. Bullying is targeting. That is different from your average spat and it is NOT ALLOWED and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
If the evidence suggests bullying, it will dealt with and a permanent mark will be applied to the offender which may later result in banishment if the behavior is not corrected. If the evidence does not prove bullying then both parties will be sent individual PM's to respect others' feelings. No permanent mark will be applied as long as everyone plays nice moving forward.
So if someone told you that they were bullied by a member or Mod and nothing was done about it, you may want to ask them if they ever reported it. Please remember we are a global
community. It's not always just what we say, but how we say it that may make the difference in how it's received by the other party.