PTS Basic User GuidePTS - Perusing The ShelvesHow to Register
1) Click On the Register Button
2) Read the "Registration Agreement" and accept the terms
3) Complete the Registration Form
4) Login with the "Username" and "Password" You can choose "Forever" as your log in time.How to Download
1) There are many Boards like "Technology Board" or "Legacy Boards", Enter any board by clicking on the name.
2) There are many "Topics" posted in each board ( Just like emails you have in your inbox)
Click to open any particular topic.
3) Read the contents.
If its useful for you, then click on the attachment to save on your computer. (Same as downloading an attachment from email)
4) Please say "Thanks
" to the member for his/her hard-work. Your Appreciation gives them the motivation to keep posting and sharing projects.How to PostPosting/Replying a Topic is just like composing an email. Follow these steps:
1) Please register and login (see above) . Only members can post, guests can not.
2) Then go the appropriate "Board"
e.g. If you want to post an engineering related project, then go to the Engineering BE | B.Tech Board.
3) Click on the:
"NEW TOPIC" button - To start a new topic (just like compose)
It is just like an email. It contains a "Subject:", A "Message Body" and some additional options.
Enter All the Details, and click "POST" at the bottom.How to Upload
1) CHOOSE BOARD:
Go to the appropriate Board in which u want to upload .... like Research Papers section, Software section etc ....
Uploading a paper at a wrong topic only creates headache for PTS Staff and for our members.
2) START NEW TOPIC / REPLY / POST:
See above on how to start a new post
Now the new topic window will come.
It is just like an email. It contains a Header, A message Body and some additional options
Header - Enter the Title of the project/ppt etc ....
Message Body - Enter Details about the project like ...
Table Of contents
Agenga (Incase of ppt)
3) ATTACHING PROJECTS:
Browse and upload the file. Attach the file just like an email and click post when all of this is done.
And Remember few things before posting :
1) Always ZIP or RAR your files before posting. It reduces size and saves you bandwidth and time.
2) Don't post files over 10 MB.
3) Check for Viruses before posting. I recommend AVG-ANTIVIRUS. Its free and simple.Lastly:Say thanks to Other members. This gives them the required motivation to continue posting and helping each-other. It just takes two minutes, but makes the posters hard-work worth it."Just Flipping Through"